38. How to Recognize Domestic Abuse with Amanda Kippert | Domestic Violence Awareness Month
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and for the entire month, we're raising awareness and speaking out against DV. One in every four women will experience DV in their lifetime. This has to stop. But how do you know if you're experiencing domestic violence? That's what we'll be discussing during today's episode.
Amanda Kippert is an award-winning journalist, domestic violence advocate, and the editor-in-chief of the national nonprofit DomesticShelters.org where 2 million people a year seek help and information regarding domestic violence. She has reported on domestic violence issues for the last decade, including a year-long investigative piece for the HuffPost called "A Forgotten Crisis” about domestic violence in the military, which was nominated for a New York Deadline Club award in 2020.
She co-hosts the podcast Toxic with Jenna Brandl where the two women break down issues of toxic masculinity and tell the true and brave stories of survivors of abuse.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The various types of domestic abuse (beyond physical violence)
- Common warning signs that someone may be in an abusive relationship
- Myths or misconceptions people have about domestic violence
- How friends and family can support survivors of domestic violence
- The impact of domestic violence on children
- Where to find resources and services available for survivors
... and so much more. Enjoy!
Check out Amanda's podcast: toxicthepodcast.com
For articles and resources: DomesticShelters.org
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233
Visit our website for freebies, resources, and more.
Want to learn how to create passive income with your own digital product? Check out this FREE TRAINING.